Our private birthing suites offer comfortable, spacious rooms with ensuite, while our experienced midwives are there to guide and support you through labour and the birth of your baby.
Each room is fully equipped to monitor both mother and baby during labour and delivery and is designed to accommodate individual birthing choices.
Other features include TV, a digital speaker system for iPhone and iPod and large recliner lounge chairs for you and your partner.
Central Fetal Monitoring System offers many advantages
The Mater Hospital is one of only six hospitals in Australia with a central fetal monitoring system in their Birthing Suites. Providing quick and easy real-time access to the CTG and related maternity information during labour, the system links together delivery rooms and fetal monitoring activity.
During labour there is an increased need to monitor the baby’s heart beat to ensure timely management of any variances that can occur. The advantages of the Central Fetal Monitoring System include:
- improved care and service to mothers, babies and families
- improved management of mothers with high risk pregnancy
- fast expert referral, either locally or remotely
- complete integrated environment for delivering seamless continuity of care
- case review – instant access to all relevant data from access terminals eliminating the risk of losing traces
- senior staff can monitor all traces from a central position
- all staff in Birthing Suite will hear alarms from all rooms if any variances occur, enabling quick response time