Labour & Birth
We have six private birthing suites – comfortable, spacious rooms with ensuite. Our experienced midwives will be there to guide and support you through labour and the birth of your baby.
Each room is fully equipped to monitor both mother and baby during labour and birth and is designed to accommodate individual birthing choices.
Other features of our birthing suites include TV, a digital speaker system for iPhone and iPod and large recliner lounge chairs for you and your partner.
Central Fetal Monitoring System offers many advantages
Our central fetal monitoring system in the Birthing Suite provides quick and easy real-time access to the CTG and related maternity information during labour, the system links together birthing rooms and fetal monitoring activity.
During labour there is an increased need to monitor the baby’s heart beat to ensure timely management of any variances that can occur.
- improved care and service to mothers, babies and families
- improved management of mothers with high risk pregnancy
- fast expert referral, either locally or remotely
- complete integrated environment for delivering seamless continuity of care
- case review – instant access to all relevant data from access terminals eliminating the risk of losing traces
- senior staff can monitor all traces from a central position
- all staff in the Birthing Suite will hear alarms from all rooms if any variances occur, enabling quick response time