Mater Maternity Services
Our maternity staff know that having a baby is one of the most exciting times of your life and we would like to reassure you that during this time of global uncertainty our first priority is for the safety of you and your baby. That’s why we have introduced special measures to protect you and your baby from COVID-19.
- Face to Face Maternity Tours are cancelled but we offer online tours and Q&A sessions, click here.
VISITOR GUIDELINES from Tuesday, February 23rd
- Visiting Hours: 3-5pm and 6-8pm
- 2 visitors + siblings allowed
- Partners allowed at any time and are not included in visitor number
- Partners + one additional support person allowed in birthing suite.
- Postnatal classes have recommenced.
We understand the widespread effects of COVID-19 may result in high levels of concern, however we want to reassure you that we are well-prepared and well-resourced to manage the impacts. We have strict infection control and prevention protocols in place. If you have any questions please contact our Maternity Booking Office on 9900 7690.
The Mater welcomes over 2,000 babies into the world each year.
Our maternity staff know that having a baby is one of the most exciting times of your life and pride themselves on providing supportive, high quality care before, during and after the birth of your baby. We have a long and proud tradition in maternity services with a focus on complete care.
Mater Maternity Care is an integrated collaborative team of Obstetricians, midwives, maternity social workers and lactation experts to guide in the planning and development of your pregnancy, delivery and care of your baby.