Mater Maternity Services
Our maternity staff know that having a baby is one of the most exciting times of your life and we would like to reassure you that during this time of global uncertainty our first priority is for the safety of you and your baby. That’s why we have introduced special measures to protect you and your baby from COVID-19.
- Maternity Tours are cancelled, but you can see our new guided video tour, click here.
NEW VISITOR GUIDELINES commence 20 November 2020
- Partners are able to visit at any time
- 3-5pm: one additional adult may visit + any children of the patient. The additional adult does not need to be accompanying the siblings.
- During labour women can have their partner plus one other support person
- Postnatal classes (breastfeeding, physiotherapy, transition to home, baby massage, baby bathing) have recommenced, but with strict social distancing – limit of 10 people per class – therefore we will be increasing the number of classes.
We understand the widespread effects of COVID-19 may result in high levels of concern, however we want to reassure you that we are well-prepared and well-resourced to manage the impacts. We have strict infection control and prevention protocols in place. If you have any questions please contact our Maternity Booking Office on 9900 7690.
The Mater welcomes over 2,000 babies into the world each year.
Our maternity staff know that having a baby is one of the most exciting times of your life and pride themselves on providing supportive, high quality care before, during and after the birth of your baby. We have a long and proud tradition in maternity services with a focus on complete care.
Mater Maternity Care is an integrated collaborative team of Obstetricians, midwives, maternity social workers and lactation experts to guide in the planning and development of your pregnancy, delivery and care of your baby.