Our luxurious and spacious birthing suites have been created with mothers and their families at the heart of their design. They have been designed to accommodate individual birthing choices, while our experienced midwives are there to guide and support you through labour and the birth of your baby.
Each birthing suite includes an ensuite with adjustable double shower heads for relaxation or to massage specific areas of pain, such as the lower back. Three ensuites also include a free standing bath to provide deep water immersion as a natural option for the management of pain during labour.
Each room is fully equipped to monitor both mother and baby during labour and delivery and is designed to accommodate individual birthing choices.
Other features include TV, a digital speaker system for iPhone and iPod and large recliner lounge chairs for you and your partner.
Central Fetal Monitoring System offers many advantages
Our central fetal monitoring system in the Birthing Suites provides quick and easy real-time access to the CTG and related maternity information during labour, the system links together delivery rooms and fetal monitoring activity.
During labour there is an increased need to monitor the baby’s heart beat to ensure timely management of any variances that can occur.
The advantages of the Central Fetal Monitoring System include:
- improved care and service to mothers, babies and families
- improved management of mothers with high risk pregnancy
- fast expert referral, either locally or remotely
- complete integrated environment for delivering seamless continuity of care
- case review – instant access to all relevant data from access terminals eliminating the risk of losing traces
- senior staff can monitor all traces from a central position
- all staff in Birthing Suite will hear alarms from all rooms if any variances occur, enabling quick response time.